Dark Circles Under The Eyes or Periorbital or Infraorbital hyperpigmentation give the impression of tiredness all the time.
Detailed evaluation in personal is needed to determine the factors responsible for dark circles in a particular patient. A single treatment modality is never enough. Topical creams, Advanced Peels and Fillers are used as required to decrease it.
It can be a combination of variety of factors such as:
- Hereditary origins.
- Inflammation/ atopic dermatitis.
- Thinner skin on the lower eyelids, allowing pigment and vessels to be more visible.
- Gravity, which causes under eye skin to move downward, inviting more stretching and thinning. This allows the blood vessels and pigment to become more visible.
- Shadowing effect due to sunken eyes.
- Due to stress or even eye strain.
- Cumulative sun damage.