Hair Transplantation (F.U.E.)
Follicular Unit Extraction (F.U.E.) hair transplant technique involves the one by one extraction of follicular units from the back and sides of the scalp and their re-implantation to the area affected by hair loss. It can reproduce natural hair growth, as transplanted hair regrows in its natural occurring groups of 1-4 hairs.
FUE has eliminated the need for a linear incision and allows Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation through single & direct harvesting of the follicular units.
FUE process involves an electronic motorized circular incision (of 0.7mm-0.8mm diameter) around each follicular unit, the extraction of the follicular unit and its implantation to the balding area of the scalp. Very fine holes are left at the donor area which heals within 5 days.
Types of Hair Transplantation
- Follicular Unit Extraction (F.U.E.): Each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp with no strip of tissue being removed. Hair follicles are removed in a random fashion and the result is less density in the donor area that many say is not even noticeable.
- Follicular Unit Transplant (F.U.T.) / Strip Method: The FUT process involves removing a small strip of tissue from the back of the head, from which the donor hair follicles will be extracted. The hair follicles are harvested from the strip by a skilled clinical team before being individually transplanted to the recipient areas.
Benefits of F.U.E. Technique
- No stitches; donor area appears mostly unchanged within days
- Natural-looking and permanent results
- State-of-the-art minimally invasive technique
- Simple outpatient procedure
- Fast recovery; many patients return to work the next day
Time required for Procedure
Approx. 6-10 hrs. Same Day Discharge.
The transplanted hair fall off temporarily after 1 month of surgery and start growing naturally by 3 to 6 months.